DIALOGUES 4 ACTION: CLEAN CITIES4CHILDREN – THE WASTE CHALLENGE
Inspiring Stories by Youth Changemakers in Cities
“I have learned you are never too small to make a difference.”– Greta Thunberg
Children and youth are inheriting a planet with problems they did not create. Yet, many of them are stepping up and taking charge to fight for cleaner environments and more urgent actions towards climate change. This webinar highlights stories of young activists who have made a difference in the management of solid waste in their respective cities.
Panelists will discuss the importance of addressing plastic pollution/waste related issues worldwide, how they created change in their community, and highlight how their solutions can be replicated.
3rd November 2022, 11:00 AM CET
- Annabel Nyole: Urban Planner and Program Coordinator, Public Space Network, Kenya
- Charles Gachanga: Community Mobilizer, Public Space Network, Kenya
- Rashed Mostafa: Strategic Research & Development Coordinator, BD Clean, Bangladesh
- Provide an overview of the waste challenge in cities
- Demonstrate scalable practices by youth activists around solid waste management
- Inspire action by showing transformation through youth success stories
Who should attend the webinar?
- Youth from developing countries
- NGOs and institutions working for youth/solid waste management and participatory action in cities
- Any stakeholders working within solid waste management field
- Start-ups/social enterprises within Solid Waste Management
Dialogues 4 Action Webinar Series
Dialogues 4 Action is a webinar series by Cities4Children that highlights promising initiatives and practical interventions for sustained change to make cities better for children and young people. We organise them to to inspire action, add to knowledge and advocate for children’s and young people’s rights in the urban agenda. They are open-to-all.
Subscribe to our newsletter to stay up-to-date on future webinars.