On June 27th at the World Urban Forum in Poland we hosted a networking event in which we announced the next phase of Cities4Children and organised a workshop to gather inputs about how this would work best. We would like to thank all attendees for joining us and for sharing valuable inputs and insights on this process as well as all Cities4Children members who supported the organisation of the event.
We were thrilled to see how this year, the World Urban Forum featured a growing number of events focused on children and youth living in urban areas, many organised by our Cities4Children members.
At the World Urban Forum in June, we annocuned the next step of Cities4Children: to expand from an alliance of global organisations, into also building city and country-level alliances. After listening to your input both in person and online, the call is now open!
Who can apply?
This application is open to any type of organisation that is based in cities in Africa, Asia and Latin America: thinktanks, CSOs, NGOs, university departments, etc. You must have a formal registration and expertise on some of the relevant thematic areas. At the moment, we are not accepting applications from other regions.
Please forward this email to organisations that might be interested
What support are we offering?
1. Knowledge, expertise and capacity building
3. Support with access to funding
Why form an alliance?
– Collaborate with like-minded organisations
– Achieve collective impact
– Influence urban policy
– Implement pilot projects
– Exchange knowledge and learning
– Connect to global networks
– Facilitate access to funding opportunities
– Collaborate on joint advocacy, communications and research
– Support existing promising initiatives by young people and co-create with them
– Announcement and Applications open: 15th of July 2022
– Deadline for submission of applications: 30th of September 2022
– Notification of selection: 31st of October 2022 (World Cities day)
– Start of work: 1st of January 2023